Subject: [pacman-dev] [PATCH v2 0/3] makepkg: Improve lint_pkgbuild error messages for epoch/ver/rel

From: Luke Shumaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2018 13:41:11 -0400

From: Luke Shumaker <[email-masked]>

The error messages that makepkg prints when encountering a bad
epoch/pkgver/pkgrel are often somewhat misleading.  These patchset
tries to improve that.  The behavior is intended to be unchanged,
other than what the messages say.

v2:
 - Don't skip lint_pkgrel if (( PKGVERFUNC )), I should have never
   included that bit in v1.
 - check_fullpkgver: Don't let rel strip ver down to nothing

Luke Shumaker (3):
  makepkg: Better error messages for versions in
    (check,make,opt)depends/provides/conflicts
  makepkg: check_pkgrel: Don't say "decimal" in the error message
  makepkg: check_pkgver: Report what the bad pkgver is

 scripts/Makefile.am                           |  1 +
 .../lint_pkgbuild/checkdepends.sh.in          | 10 ++--
 .../libmakepkg/lint_pkgbuild/conflicts.sh.in  | 10 ++--
 .../libmakepkg/lint_pkgbuild/depends.sh.in    | 14 ++---
 scripts/libmakepkg/lint_pkgbuild/epoch.sh.in  | 10 +++-
 .../libmakepkg/lint_pkgbuild/fullpkgver.sh.in | 58 +++++++++++++++++++
 .../lint_pkgbuild/makedepends.sh.in           | 10 ++--
 .../libmakepkg/lint_pkgbuild/optdepends.sh.in | 10 ++--
 scripts/libmakepkg/lint_pkgbuild/pkgrel.sh.in | 15 +++--
 scripts/libmakepkg/lint_pkgbuild/pkgver.sh.in |  2 +-
 .../libmakepkg/lint_pkgbuild/provides.sh.in   | 10 ++--
 11 files changed, 106 insertions(+), 44 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 scripts/libmakepkg/lint_pkgbuild/fullpkgver.sh.in
---
Happy hacking,
~ Luke Shumaker

2.18.0